Join our community

Find answers, ask questions, and connect with like-minded tourism professionals from around the world.

Become a better tour operator Community Good tourism Finding new partners for your business

• Finding new partners for your business

Posted by Anne on 9 November 2022 at 11:33

As a business looking for sustainable growth and aiming to offer your travellers the best travel experiences- great, reliable partners are key.

How do you select your (new) partners? Very curious to hear about your approach!

πŸ‘‰ What is your preferred way of finding new partners?

πŸ‘‰ Do you prefer online or offline meetings to connect?

πŸ‘‰ What are criteria you use to select new partners? And is good tourism part of this?

Anne replied 1 day, 23 hours ago 5 Members · 10 Replies
  • 10 Replies
  • Monalisa Aman

13 November 2022 at 11:21
    Bronze

I’d want to do business with an entity with similar values. A simple
    example in doing business in Uganda, where nearly everyone has been
    “tuned” to expect a bribe, or something under the table for something
    that they are actually already employed to do! It can be quite
    frustrating.

In-person meeting would be preferred. If online, perhaps via referral.

• Anne

Administrator
      16 November 2022 at 11:38

Very good to hear you’re looking to do business with companies that share your values. Which values do you find most important?

And very understandable that doing business in Uganda is difficult like this, how do you overcome/avoid situations like this?

• Javier

15 November 2022 at 19:52
    Bronze

Hola Anne,

I answer the questions:

I think that attending a tourist event in a country would be the most fun and recommendable, but there are few opportunities that can be given. Today it could be recommendations, searching the internet is also a good option, always guiding you from the opinions and if you have time working in the business you already know who are good suppliers.

Online but depends on others.

Experience or otherwise talent and potential.

Vision or practice of social responsibility that we can contribute to the visited destination.

The infrastructure or equipment is in adequate condition according to standards.

Highly trained staff to provide good service.

Professional ethics

Greeting from Peru!

• Anne

Administrator
      16 November 2022 at 11:45

Hi Javier, thank you for your extensive answers. Yes absolutely, a tourist event in a specific destination is most fun but also more difficult and more expensive. Most likely the best approach is a combination of first online and then on-site.

Also so good to see you have a very clear idea what kind of partners you’re looking for. This will get you far, well done!

• Nelson

20 November 2022 at 09:42
    Bronze

I think a B2B approach through an expo or a road show is a good option: You are able to communicate your values, unique selling points to your prospective partners. However homework is needed to on the prospective buyers to understand what they may be looking for and why they should choose you. The Elephant in the room is how are you managing Sustainable tourism.

• Anne

Administrator
      21 November 2022 at 16:04

Yes absolutely @mugisha-nelsonand how do you then make sure you select the right partners to have meetings with? And how do you communicate why they should choose you?

• Nelson

23 November 2022 at 11:54
        Bronze

I do some research on the product that prospective partners offer; give suggestions on what to add from my destination and I also communicate my unique selling points.

• Anne

Administrator
          23 November 2022 at 14:46

Very good, well done! πŸ‘

• Adam

2 December 2022 at 12:43
    Bronze

For sustainable growth find the right partners is crucial. Partners who share the same values on sustainable tourism like improving the livelihoods of the local communities are some I would definitely target.

It obviously involves searching online, which is the cheapest way. However getting them to experience what services you are offering through trade shows or joint Ventures like conventions or campaigns for the same cause, would be a effective way to get to know your prospective

• Anne

Administrator
      6 December 2022 at 11:08

Yes absolutely. First make a pre-selection online and when you feel there might be a suitable fit you can try and meet them in person!