Join our community

Find answers, ask questions, and connect with like-minded tourism professionals from around the world.

Sustainable today, successful tomorrow Community Online marketing How good is your SEO performance?

• How good is your SEO performance?

Posted by Rik on 10 October 2022 at 09:24

SEO (Search Engine Optimisation) is a combination of techniques to make your website rank higher in Google. Google uses algorithms to determine which webpage is most relevant, in combination with a specific keyword. With SEO, you try to get your website to become more relevant in Google’s eyes.

How good is your SEO?

• Very good and you work on it regularly
    • Okay but you don’t work on it continuously
    • Unknown as SEO is difficult to understand
    • Unknown, as you don’t know what SEO is yet

Let us know the status of your SEO performance. And what are challenges for you to improve your SEO?

New to this topic? Read our article about SEO in our library.

Bernard replied 4 months, 3 weeks ago 10 Members · 20 Replies
  • 20 Replies
  • Brian

13 October 2022 at 13:20
    Bronze

Our Current SEO optimisation is very good. We work on and monitor it on a daily basis. We went from 0 to 50% optimisation in 3 months. Our search impressions also went from 0 to 1.58k in the same period.

We used to wonder why we were not getting a return on investment from our website until we realised there was something we were not doing. SEO. Now that we are doing it regularly, we are happy with the outcome

• Rik

Administrator
      13 October 2022 at 14:18

Hi Brian, great to hear your performance is growing! 😁 SEO definitely is something to work on continuously to get results. What tools are you using for monitoring?

• Brian

25 October 2022 at 14:39
        Bronze

Sorry for the late response. We use rank math

• Rik

Administrator
          28 October 2022 at 15:29

Great, I’d definitely say RankMath is one of the better SEO plugins for WordPress!

• Bernard

29 November 2023 at 10:40
            Bronze

Congratulations. My SEO doesn’t currently add value to my business. I used to wonder why my site’s always had few numbers of visitors until I come here. I think I can make improvements

• Ruth

18 October 2022 at 11:22
    Silver

Does google analytics also show the SEO rankings or you just have to instal a seo snippet in your website?

• Rik

Administrator
      19 October 2022 at 12:02

Hi @ruth-nattabi , Google Analytics can show some basic ranking data when it’s connected to Google Search Console. So, you’ll need to connect search console to your website first. You can also use other tools to get a broader view on your SEO performance. One I’d advise is Ahrefs, who have quite an extensive free tool!

• Angela Kyeyune

18 October 2022 at 18:02
    Bronze

Work in progress, taking time to review content on website and making changes but I would say it’s improved for the better.

• Rik

Administrator
      19 October 2022 at 10:42

Hi Angela, good job working on your SEO and taking your time. Good SEO is not something to be done in a day or 2. Using a Site Audit tool might give you some easy improvement tips (e.g. SEOptimer).

• Angela Kyeyune

28 October 2022 at 16:09
    Bronze

Thanks Rik! Will try it out as well!

• Samantha

23 February 2023 at 17:11
    Bronze

We need to allocate a suitable staff for regular updates.

• Rik

Administrator
      24 February 2023 at 11:40

Hi Samantha, a good first step is to create a content calendar! This helps you to schedule what content you are going to create, who is going to be responsible and when you will be posting. You can lighten the individual workload by assigning different topics to specific team members. You can read more on creating a content calendar on: https://backlinko.com/hub/content/calendar.

• Posiano

19 April 2023 at 09:51
    Bronze

Our SEO is doing perfectly. Its performing well for us simply because we check on a daily basis. It is important for us in Link-building strategy

• Rik

Administrator
      19 April 2023 at 10:04

Hi Posiano, great to hear your backlink strategy is working! Are you working on your website content as well to improve your SEO?

• Alberta

23 April 2023 at 03:42
    Bronze

Hi Rik, This is a very important topic for me I do have my website up and running but my Web Designers did SEO I think they use Google Console. I don’t think the method they use is effective as I haven’t seen any improvement to my sight. I need some advise. Can you visit my website? http://www.sanoutours.com

Be critical. I would appreciate it.

Thanks Rik

• Rik

Administrator
      24 April 2023 at 08:36

Hi Alberta, keep in mind that doing SEO is always a work in progress and results are determined by many different factors over time. That having said, the main thing to improve in my eyes is that you’re using a single-page website. This makes it difficult to target specific topics. Creating multiple pages would be better suited so you can give more detailed information on e.g. your tours. We have a lot of information on this in our library. A good place to start is by reading the following:

• Sherina

25 April 2023 at 12:46
    Bronze

-The SEO has helped me to prove the importance and valve of our product.

-It has also helped to increase the visibility, drive more traffic to the website ultimately lead to more bookings, increasing marketing.

-Improves website usability.

-helps you reach more people.

The challenges i have experienced with SEO

-it is time consuming

it can suffer as part of siloed marketing approach.

• Rik

Administrator
      26 April 2023 at 14:55

Hi Sherina, great to here you’ve been able to use SEO with such a positive effect! I do have to agree it’s time consuming. However, when used as a part of your content marketing strategy it can benefits your business’ marketing approach as a whole!

• Hassan

21 July 2023 at 23:47
    Bronze

Our SEO is okay but we don’t work on it regularly. We make use of keywords and meta tags on contents but we are not consistent with it.

We are currently considering hiring a web content manager with SEO skills to get it right.

• Rik

Administrator
      22 July 2023 at 09:19

Hi Hasan, good on hiring a content manager! This can make a big difference for your overall online presence as a business. Finding someone who has both SEO skills and is familiar with social media marketing would be a great pro. Also, analytical skills come in useful to measure performance!