Join our community

Find answers, ask questions, and connect with like-minded tourism professionals from around the world.

Sustainable today, successful tomorrow Community Good tourism ChatGPT experiment: what are your main challenges? 💡

• ChatGPT experiment: what are your main challenges? 💡

Posted by Anne on 7 June 2023 at 10:08

As a little experiment, we asked ChatGPT what the main challenges of tour operators are to gain a better understanding in the need for specific knowledge. 💡

According to ChatGPT “Tour operators face a variety of challenges, which can vary depending on factors such as their size, location, and target market.” 🎯

1. Seasonality
    2. Competition
    3. Changing customer preferences
    4. Sustainability
    5. Economic instability
    6. Safety and security concerns

We’re very curious to hear if they’re right – so let us know your main challenge(s)! 🤝🙋🏻‍♂️

• This discussion was modified 10 months, 3 weeks ago by  Anne de Jong.
    • This discussion was modified 10 months, 3 weeks ago by  Anne de Jong.
    Richard replied 4 weeks, 1 day ago 3 Members · 3 Replies
  • 3 Replies
  • Tony

9 January 2024 at 11:15
    Silver

I experimented a gorilla tracking itinerary on chat GPT .The itinerary had a good selection of sustainable activities in addition to gorilla tracking .The problem was that they were not well packaged to fit into the program .The human touch cannot be overlooked

• Anne

Administrator
      12 January 2024 at 09:59

Interesting to hear Tony! Can I ask what questions you asked ChatGPT? The experience is that the more specific you are in what you’re looking for, the better results. But I do agree that the human aspect is very important in this industry and that ChatGPT can be used as an assistant for inspiration and support.

• Richard

29 March 2024 at 18:44
    Bronze

I would suggest that rather than using ChatGPT, a better AI solution is Perplexity. It is much more accurate, completely up-to-date and, frankly, better than using Google to search topics because it provides citation links and follow-up questions. For example, related to the question you asked, I prompted instead “What are the main challenges for tour operators promoting sustainable approaches” which is a more focused prompt and narrows the search. We use Perplexity to develop training program outlines, blog posts and specific research questions with a narrow focus – such as finding specific, recent papers or articles on sustianble tourism issues in Turkey.