Join our community

Find answers, ask questions, and connect with like-minded tourism professionals from around the world.

Sustainable today, successful tomorrow Community Online marketing Raise awareness among travellers 💡

• Raise awareness among travellers 💡

Posted by Anne on 5 July 2023 at 13:45

As a sustainable tour operator, you’re in a good position to influence your travellers and to encourage them to make responsible travel decisions.

What is your approach to raise awareness among travellers about sustainable tourism and what do you share? 📩

For example:

• How your business works sustainably
    • The importance of nature conservation
    • The need to preserve local culture
    • How travellers can behave responsibly

Start the discussion and let us know what you’re currently sharing and if you’re not sharing it (well enough) yet – what’s holding you back? 👇

Anne replied 9 months, 3 weeks ago 2 Members · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies
  • Mohamadreza

6 July 2023 at 09:52
    Bronze

Hello from Iran and thanks for coming up with such a great topic!

I do my best to implement sustainability through my tour by choosing sustainable tour supplements such as accommodation, Transport, etc selectively and making my clients aware of local people’s products by showing them some handicraft workshops. I know it’s not good enough, but that’s what we could do at the moment since you know better than me sustainability needs governmental efforts and cooperation as well.

Looking forward to hearing from you for any other solutions

Best,

Mohamadreza,

Iran Tour Operator & Travel Consultant

• Anne

Administrator
      6 July 2023 at 11:36

Hi @PGTG , so good to hear you’re implementing sustainability in your travel experiences! Do you also communicate your sustainable choices to your travellers on your website or in the booking process?

What’s important to remember is that every aspect you’re trying to make more sustainable in your business is one. No business is suddenly fully sustainable overnight. Well done on making an effort and good luck with discovering what other steps you can take. I hope our platform supports you with this!